Dr D R Arora – Advisor North Zone
- He has more than 43 years of teaching experience in microbiology to medical and dental undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Besides conducting and supervising research in microbiology, he has published seven textbooks on microbiology, parasitology and mycology, and 150 research articles in several national and international journals of repute.
- The results of his research on malaria parasites and Klebsiella pneumoniae have been cited in World Health Organization WHO/MAL/83.10003 and Topley & Wilson’s Microbiology and Microbial Infections, Bacteriology Vol. 2, 10th ed., 2005, respectively. He has supervised a number of PG students of Ph.D., M.D. and M.S. In appreciation of outstanding research carried out by him in India on bacteriocins of Klebsiella pneumoniae, he was awarded Smt. Kunti Mehrotra Award of Indian Association of Pathologists and Microbiologists in 1983.
- In recognition of significant contribution to the advancement of medical sciences, he was elected Member of National Academy of Medical Sciences (India) in 1985.
- He has been a Visiting Professor at University of Mauritius in 1989. He was awarded WHO fellowship on Laboratory Aspects of HIV/AIDS and STD at Community Health Surveillance and Laboratories Administration, Baltimore, Maryland (USA) in 1992.
- He was honoured by Indian Medical Association, Kaithal (Haryana) on the eve of Doctors’ Day on 01.07.1999.
- He has been examiner for BDS, MBBS, MD, DNB and PhD microbiology of a number of universities.
- His biography including academic activities and research work has been published in Who’s Who in Medicine and Healthcare 2011-12 (8th Edition), N.J. 07922, USA distinguishing him as one of the leading healthcare professionals from around the world.
Dr M K Lalitha-Advisor South Zone
- Professor M. K. Lalitha graduated in 1969 from Calicut Medical College and received her MD in Microbiology from Christian Medical College, Vellore in 1975. She joined the Microbiology department faculty at CMC,becoming a Professor in 1984. She retired from CMC Vellore in March 2006 and subsequently joined the Madras Medical Mission in April 2006 as Professor & HOD, Microbiology Department.
- She also served as Head Clinical Lab Services at MMM till her retirement in March 2011. Currently she is serving as Advisor Lab Services at Malabar Institute of Medical Sciences Ltd, Calicut, Kerala.
- She has over 40 years of experience in teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students, including mentoring PhD candidates. Research and Development has been the forte of Dr. Lalitha and she has been involved in numerous R&D projects.
- She has been involved in several multicentre projects looking at the disease burden due to S.Pneumoniae and H.Influenzae. Her other areas of interest in microbiology include hospital infection control, antimicrobial resistance and antimicrobial policy.
- Her efforts and outstanding achievements have been recognised by the Medical Council of India and she has been awarded the Dr. B C Roy National award as an “Eminent Medical Teacher” for the year 2001 which she received in the year 2004 from the President of India Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.
- Dr. Lalitha is widely travelled and has presented scientific papers at various international conferences. She has more than 200 publications in national and international journals.
- She has been actively associated with Indian Association of Medical Microbiologists for more than two decades and has been the Past President of IAMM and Past Editor of IJMM.
- She continues to contribute towards the growth and development of Microbiology in our country.
- Currently she is actively involved in lab accreditation process as a Lead Assessor for NABL, thus contributing towards upgradation of Clinical Laboratory Services in India.
DR GEETA KRISHANMOORTHY – PhD, Biochemistry, Mumbai
- Dr. Geetha Krishanmoorthy has more than a decade experience in assessment of Pathological laboratories for laboratory management systems implementation as per ISO- 17025 & 15189.
- Empanelled as NABL assessor since 1998 & a lead assessor since 2004.she has assessed carried out more than 300 assessments in India till today.
- She was chosen as one of the two lead assessors for APLAC assessment of NABLin 2008. She has been one of the faulty for training NABL assessors on ISO 15189:2012 as well as labs on Internal Audit as per ISO 15189:2007. She retired as Professor of Biochemistry from Seth G.S.Medical College –Mumbai in 2009 after 25 years of teaching the Undergraduate medical students , Post graduate students of Biochemistry for masters degree as well as diploma in medical lab technology.
- She has been a research guide for M.SC & PhD. Students, & has several nation & international publications to her credit.
- Besides teaching & research activity ,she was also the secretary of the Institutional Ethics committee for a term of five years & was incharge of Therapeutic drug monitoring lab for anti epileptic drugs for 12 years.Dr.Geetha served as Coordinator of Medical education technology Cell for 5 yrs & trained more than 200 teachers in Pedagogy at various medical colleges in the state of Maharashtra.Proficient in all biochemical techniques & Equipments including autoanalysers.
- She was incharge of Therapeutic Drug Monitoring lab for AED by HPLC ccontinuously for 12 yrs at L.T.M medical college & General Hospital Sion ,Mumbai. Currently she is a faculty of the Don Bosco College (of the The Bombay Salesian Society ) as Principal, also teaches Psychology to under graduate students of Mass media and is a trainer for Enterpreunership development at Grassroot level.
Dr N K Bhatia-Chief Advisor-Blood Banks
- Director : Mission Jan Jagriti (MJJ), an NGO with 3 state of the art blood banks in Delhi including Regional Blood Transfusion Center, West Delhi.
A visionary & dedicated professional with Experience of more than 38 Years with a special liaison in Govt. and Corporate sectors.